Being bipolar sucks. It seems I've survived another depressive episode, though, so here's hoping for a long and productive manic phase. There's a LOT on the todo list. I'll work on fleshing this out over the next week.
- Terrain Generation
- Finish up with the stack interpolation stuff that got interrupted.
- We need a GUI of some sort to proceed to the next phase, so....
- I've been looking at Crazy Eddies UI. It's horrible. It's complicated. I haven't even tried to get it to compile yet. I kinda like it. It seems like it will work OK alongside freeglut, which is good because I REALLY don't feel like rewriting everything, again.
- The full, finished GUI promises to be hideously complex, with data views, maps, and even multiple in-game camera systems. We don't need all this to start....Just an ability to draw an image to the screen and interact with it, for....
- Terrain Generation Redux
- Decide just how big a world map we're going to want.
- Generate the completely blank, abstract world map.
- Fill it with water.
- Using our noise routines, generate the shape of continent(s). Goodness knows when boats are going to go in. The world may be one giant supercontinent. We'll see. (Binary solution : Land here, no land here).
- Using our noise routines, generate mountains, hills, plains, and valleys. (Simple general elevation of point).
- Using our noise routines and 3.5, generate all bodies of water. (I have no idea! Research required)
I think that's a good enough start for the next few months. Feels good to be back.